Saturday, January 14, 2017

The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller

Title: The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results
Author: Gary Keller Copyright: 2013
Type:  Self-help, Business
Pages: 240
Series: no

Reason for Reading
Had to read for a presentation at work

Summary:
The One Thing explains the success habit to overcome the six lies that block our success, beat the seven thieves that steal time, and leverage the laws of purpose, priority, and productivity.

The Problems:
1.      It felt like it repeated itself numerous times over so that it was almost overkill and could have been cut down a few times.
2.      After a while it sounded easy but didn’t feel as if in my profession (social worker and counseling which is who I was teaching to) it might not fit in a crisis field situation.
3.      This book could work but was long and repeated over and over the same idea in a different way and so I tended to skim over the information.

The Wins:
1.      Had some good nuggets of information that I could glean from and share with those that came to the lunch and learn
2.      I learned some tricks and tips that I wasn’t used to and able to apply them to other areas in my life as well as work area which is how I presented this to co-workers.
3.      After having it to chew on for a while I have noticed that I am thinking about it more and more each a bit a day
4.      I think it has a good idea behind it but the cliff notes version works just as well.

Goodreads Grade: 2 out of 5 stars

Would you recommend this book to others? It is okay in certain business situations but not others and may not work in other crisis situations.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄