Friday, February 17, 2017

Review ~ The Trouble with Magic by Madelyn Alt

Title: The Trouble with Magic
Author: Madelyn Alt
Copyright: 2006
Type: Fiction
Pages: 261
Series
1. A Bewitching Mystery

Reason for Reading
I am trying to clean up my TBR pile and this one has been there since 2007 so I thought it would be  a quick easy read.

Summary
Antiques-shop clerk Maggie O'Neill was a little weirded out when she discovered her new boss Felicity was a witch. But when Felicity becomes the suspect in a local murder, Maggie must enlist Felicity's wiccan friends for help--and discover her own spellbinding talent.

Thoughts
I thought it was cute to a point. There was a lot of teaching me about magic, Wicca and the basic belief behind it. It felt like I was being converted or attempted to be converted throughout the book. I had no problem reading about witches and honestly if I did I wouldn't have picked up a book on magic so I didn't see the point to constantly remind me the reader that witches are good, this is what they do, this is how they work and the world is against them and wants to burn them. Honestly I found that I ended up skipping those parts which was sad because the book wasn't that long to begin with. All in all it was a quick easy read and the mystery wasn't that deep nor that hard to figure out. I was worried for awhile that there would be a love triangle and I HATE those but turns out that the author was smart enough to end that. It also turns out to not have a real romantic part to it either.
I enjoyed a lot of the other side characters as well, but I just didn't need all the other stuff with it. I felt that I was being told a lot of information that was unnecessary which is why I won't continue with the series.

Grade: 3 out of 5 stars

Would I recommend: It was cute if you like a fluffy mystery with a little bit of magic that turns out wasn't magic
Keep or Give: Give

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄